Our Vision: To achieve the optimum health of our community
Mental Health Nurse: Daylesford
- Part-time position – 0.2 FTE
- Mental Health accreditation required
- Flexible working hours
- Funded by Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program (MHNIP)
Reporting to the Clinical Team Leader, you will work within a strong collegiate multidisciplinary team which provides medical services to the wider Daylesford and Trentham communities.
Working closely with GPs and psychiatrists, you will inform, manage, monitor and review the needs of clients with severe and persistent mental health disorders.
Funded under MHNIP, you will assist GPs and psychiatrists in determining eligibility of clients in accordance with criteria set out in the MHNIP Guidelines.
You will provide treatments in line with the GP Mental Health plan and according to relevant clinical guidelines for the treatment of the identified mental health disorder.
Home and residential aged care visits may be called on and some travel may be required to provide services at the Trentham clinic.
- Provide clinical nursing services for clients with severe and persistent mental health disorders
- Coordination of clinical services for individual clients
- Data collection for contractual obligations
- Work collaboratively, autonomously and exercise professional judgement in decision making and clinical practice
- Tertiary qualifications in Mental Health Nursing
- Mental Health credentialing with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Current AHPRA Div.1 General registration
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current Victorian driver’s license
- $40 / hour
- 9.5% superannuation
- Pro rata statutory leave
This organization has been improving the health of the rural communities of Daylesford, Hepburn Springs, Trentham, and surrounding districts through comprehensive and sustainable primary health care for more than 10 years.
An AGPAL accredited teaching practice, this group practice is dedicate to professional development of all team members and supports and encourages the future medical workforce by hosting GP Registrars and medical students.
Operating Zed Med software, across both Trentham and Daylesford sites, the clinics consist of eighteen consulting rooms and five treatment rooms along with access to a variety of allied health professionals to include physiotherapy, psychology, diabetes education, cardiology, endocrinology and others located the health services. Other services available at the clinic include pathology, skin clinic, travel medicines, obstetric care and audiology.
A very thorough induction and orientation program is in place that will provide information on referral pathways, clinic orientation, staff orientation and hospital orientation.
Open hours are Monday and Wednesday, 8.30am – 7.00pm; Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm and Saturday, 9.00am – 12.00pm
Daylesford is famous for the 72 health-giving mineral springs and over 30 spas, wellness retreats and healing centres. The area has some of the most beautiful natural attractions and has become a major tourist, holiday and alternative lifestyle town. A thriving commercial industry including hospitality, retail and others has been built around physical and spiritual wellness.
Link to originial RWAV advert 'here'
Registered Nurse (Div 1) wanted:
Position: Casual role available
Classification: RN Level 3 pay point 2 (Nurse Award 2010)
Employed by: Springs Medical Pty Ltd
Classification - pay rate: an attractive salary above award will be negotiated
Hours of employment: casual
Reports to: Clinical Manager
* By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applicants must include a separate statement that includes claims against the selection criteria.
The full Postion Description can be viewed and downloaded by clicking a link 'here'
a successful and adaptable primary health care service for daylesford