Kate Butler is our visiting remedial massage therapist.
Kate has 20 years experience as a remedial massage therapist. She enjoys treating a broad range of health issues, from sports injuries and stress headaches through to chronic pain, fibromyalgia and symptom management for those undergoing treatment for cancer.
Kate established the Oncology Massage service at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre at the Austin Hospital. She is a fully qualified decongestive lymphoedema therapist registered with the Australasian Lymphology Association.
Kate is rewarded by her ability to provide an improved state of wellbeing with massage, no matter what the health challenge.
Kate specialises in the following areas:
In order to work safely I have put together a list of measures that will be mandatory from now on (until further notice) to minimise the risk of Covid 19 infection and transmission. This is particularly important for those who are immune suppressed.
Expert advice states that risk is increased with interpersonal proximity as well as the duration of exposure to the other. As massage is skin-to-skin contact and the average length of a treatment is an hour plus at least 15 minutes either side, it is in a high-risk category and therefore calls for a combination of practices listed below.
Firstly, you will be asked if you have:
- Cold or flu-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose)
- If you have been in contact with anyone tested positive for Covid 19
- If you have recently returned from overseas travel
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, or if I am developing any symptoms as above, we will postpone your appointment to a later date.
- I will be exercising strict hand hygiene before and after each massage
- I will be wearing a new surgical mask for each massage session
- I will be wearing a garment over my clothing that will be changed before each massage session
- Every surface (EFTPOS machine, furniture, oil bottle etc) will be wiped with disinfectant after each massage
- My over-garments and all linen will be washed in hot water at the end of each day
You will be required to:
- Bring only essential items into the treatment room
- Sanitise your hands before entering the room
- Use only furniture that is able to be wiped down with disinfectant.
- You will be provided with a light-weight surgical mask to be put on before you enter the room and for the duration of the massage.
Due to the added expense of extra cleaning, disposable masks, disinfectant and hot water washing there is a fee increase to $85 per hour.
Thank you for your patience as we adapt to these new patterns of working together.
Please call me if you have any questions.
See Allied Healthcare Practitioners – Fees and Rebates
Daylesford – Tuesdays
Trentham – by appointment
Please call Kate Butler - 0418 335 759