Thank you for your huge and on-going support regarding the Allergy Clinic.
As some of you may know, the Allergy Clinic is comprised of 3 Visits to Diagnose the issue and 3 visits to desensitize.
1) Allergy Visit 1 which is the interview visit: can still occur with phone or telehealth consult. It roughly takes 40 min for the interview to be completed.
2) Allergy Visit 2 is when the skin prick testing and lung function is completed. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Springs Medical is deferring all lung function testing until the situation settles as it is a non-urgent test. We anticipate that this will be deferred until November 2020 or until otherwise notified
3) Allergy Visit 3 is when you have a telehealth appointment with an Allergist Specialist in Melbourne. If you have completed the first 2 visits or need further reviews, this visit will still occur on a Monday Telehealth day when Dr Ip is on site.
Desensitisaton visits will still occur once you are ready for desensitisation or are coming back for Season 2 and beyond. This will mean less people with hay fever symptoms moving forward.
1) If you are coming in for Season 1 desensitisation : Day 1 has to be booked in with Dr Ip and a nurse. As the majority of patients that need attention only have their worst reaction on Day 1, it is best to have this done on Day 1 with Dr Ip
2) Day 2 and 3 can be any other doctor and nurse. 85% of our patients only require Day 1. A further 5-10% require day 2 observations and <5% Day 3. We cancel Day 2 and 3 if you have no reaction on Day 1, but best to have it booked in
3) If you are coming in for Season 2 and beyond, you can book with any doctor or nurse from the clinic. They can liaise with Dr Ip directly if there are any issues
In this unprecedented time, Springs Medical would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we re-deploy our staff and resources to best serve you, our community.
We are here for you.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Dr Albert Ip
GP Lead Allergy Clinic
Did you know that you can desensitise against some pollen and dust mites using a tablet now?
No more weekly injections! Instead you can now take a tablet from the convenience of your home!
Ask your doctor whether you should have Allergy Testing at Springs Medical Daylesford.
People who may be interested in having the Oral Allergy Desensitisation are:
For more information please talk to one of our doctors or nurses.
Visit 1: Will incur a gap fee of $40 for all patients
Visit 2: Will incur a gap fee of $100 for all patients.
Visit 3: Telehealth consultations with the Allergy GP and Allergy Specialist will be bulk-billed (no gap fee) for all patients.
If patients proceed with desensitisation immunotherapy, a prescription for medication will be provided. Pharmacy costs for supply may be approximately $100-150 per month of therapy. For pollen allergy this may be $600-$900 for 6 months per season. For dust mite this may be $1200-$1800 for 12 months supply depending on prescription requirements and pharmacy charges. These medications are not covered by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme nor the Medicare Safety Rebate. A partial rebate may be available from Private Health Insurance Extras.
Initial desensitising visit: will incur a gap fee of $40. Concession Card-holders will be bulk-billed (no gap fee) Subsequent desensitising only visits: Will be bulk-billed (no gap fee) for all patients.
It’s very important that you contact reception if you unable to keep your appointment. Please give us at least 2 hours notice otherwise a charge may apply. This is a non rebatable charge of $50.
For more information download the patient information form here
Please call the Clinic on 5348 2227. Please DO NOT book Allergy Clinic appointments online.