Casual position with opportunity to join our vibrant permanent team. Weekday and Saturday shifts at our Kyneton and Daylesford locations and on call to cover short notice leave.
This position will support all areas of primary care nursing rotating across triage, procedures as well as wellness clinics and health checks.
The role will provide supportive clinical care within the context of a primary health care setting and as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team whose focus is on improving health outcomes for the local community.
Participation in the rostered Saturday morning shifts working with the on-call doctor at the Daylesford and Kyneton campuses, may be required including backing up the nurse led clinics from time to time.
The role may require flexibility to expand Wellness Clinics and health checks (chronic disease management) across all campuses.
In addition the role will assist in the provision, monitoring and review of care to patients to ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained and all care is delivered to a level that exceeds standards.
1. Relevant qualifications or equivalent training and experience in nursing
2. Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in client/patient needs
3. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
4. Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity
5. Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information
6. Demonstrate capacity to work cooperatively and independently in a team environment
7. Demonstrate ability to prioritise and organise, with attention to detail and vigilant attitude to accuracy
8. Demonstrate the SM values and represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times
9. Ability to demonstrate sufficient competency in use IT systems and relevant operating systems and desk top programs (medical data bases, Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc.)
10. Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development including maintaining qualification for CPR and basic first aid or ability to acquire same
11. Training and/ or experience in coordinating of emergencies including basic infection control and safe handling & disposal of medical waste, handling complaints.
1. Availability for weekend and evening work or training as required
2. Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and access to a private vehicle
3. Evidence of HLTAID003 (first aid & CPR)
4. Evidence of relevant insurance
5. Appointment and ongoing employment is subject to satisfactory police records check and certification of medication endorsement.
1. Familiarity with Medicare Benefit Schedule – especially in relation to Chronic Disease & Primary Care Nurse Item numbers
2. Experience with Team Care Arrangements & knowledge of local community resources.
3. Medication endorsed and experience with vaccination
Download position description here.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Clinical Team Leader
p: (03) 5348 2227
e: [email protected]